Dirt Face

Dirt Face

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Is That a Bit of Dinner, or is That Judgement On Your Face....?


After so much visiting this holiday season, I have been left wondering: Is all that judgement really necessary?

Aren't we all on the same team? Aren't we all trying to do the same thing: Raise caring, responsible, well-adjusted adults who will hopefully do good things in the world?


It's difficult enough to raise people to that standard, and yet both parents and non-parents are worried about if my kids got enough gifts, too many gifts or perhaps not the RIGHT KIND of toys. 
Or where we live.
Or that my child's haircut is too short.
Or that our son took "too long" to walk.
Or that we're a 2 car family.
OR that there is "something wrong" with my child.
Seriously?

Do I really need to say that no one can know what it's like being in our family or why we make the choices we do without being us? I hope not!

If we could just spend all that energy on caring about people and supporting those who need then maybe the world would already be a better place.

No comments: